Thursday, April 9, 2009

Emma Watson Biography

Full Name: Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson

Birthday: April 15, 1990


Height: 5' 5"

City of Birth: Oxford, England

Biography: Emma was born on April 15, 1990 in Oxford, England. She still lives there with her mother Jacquene and her brother, Alex. Her mother is a lawyer. She has two cats, one named Bubbles and the other named Domino.

Emma Watson first played Hermione Granger in the 2001 film Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, the original film based on the hit series of books by author J.K. Rowling. Hermione is young Harry Potter's friend at the magical Hogwarts School; in the films, Harry is played by actor Daniel Radcliffe. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone was Watson's motion picture debut. She also played Hermione in the long series of Harry Potter sequels: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002), Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004), Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) and Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix (2007). Other cast regulars include Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley and Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy.

She has enjoyed acting since the age of three but was only in two school plays before playing the part of Hermione Granger. She co-stared as "Morgan La Fay" in "Arthur: The Young Years" and had the lead role in "The Happy Prince". When she was seven, she won the top prize for her poetry recital in her school's Daisy Pratt Poetry competition. When she was ten she was asked by her school principal to try out for the part of Hermione Granger in "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" along with several other classmates. At first, she didnt take this very seriously but after being called in for a second audition, she took it much more seriously. She landed the part and this was her first professional role. In her spare time she loves to play hockey, tennis, rounders and debate.

Watson is no relation to actress Emily Watson... According to Watson's official site, "Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson was born to Jacqueline and Chris at 6:00pm on April 15th 1990 in Paris, France... The family moved back to England when Emma was five
Parents: Jacquene and Chris Watson (divorced)

Siblings: younger brother Alex, 14; three half-siblings: twin sisters Nina and Lucy, 3, and brother Toby

Pets: 2 cats, Bubbles and Domino

Favorites:
Sports: hockey, tennis, and rounders

Harry Potter Book: The Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter Character: Hagrid
Harry Potter Spell: "Petrificus Totalus!"

Candy: Crunchie Bars
Animal: cats
Actresses: Julia Roberts, Goldie Hawn
Actor: John Cleese (Nearly Headless Nick)
School Subjects: English, History, and Gym

Music: Bryan Adams, Suzanne Vega, Dido, Samantha Mumba
Clothing Lines: DKNY, Gap, and Harvey Nichols
Jelly Bean Flavor: Sherbert Lemon

Quotes:

Hardest scene: "Neville comes up to me with his toad, Trevor, and says,"Do you want to kiss Trevor goodnight?" Every time he did this I burst into laughter. I was supposed to give him an "I hate you" look, but I couldn't help myself. It took me about eight takes to get it."

"Now that I've played the snotty, bossy, posh Hermione Granger, I'd like to play some American high school girl. I want to play something totally different. I want to play every kind of character and every point of view, but I'm probably going to be playing Hermione for a while."

"It was unbelievable seeing me as an action figure! In a few months, toddlers all around the country will be biting my head off!"


On kissing her co-stars: "Oh my God, no, no chance, no chance. That's not in my contract!"

"I'm very, very sporty - I ski, I fish, I do field hockey and tons of stuff."

"I think I could be 100 years old and in my rocker, but I'll still be very proud to say I was in the 'Harry Potter' films."


"It's the scariest thing that's ever happened to me, it's the biggest thing that's ever happened to me, and it's the best thing that's ever happened to me! I really enjoyed making the film and
I'd love to think that people would look up to me. That's very flattering."

"I might as well have been in the army. It was really hard work. I think that day I swallowed 50% dust and 50% food, it was that tough."

"Some of Hermione's lines left me wondering what on earth she was going on a
bout !!"

"I believe that Hermione will end up single."

"This REALLY bugs me!" says Watson of her character's unusual name. "I go around saying, 'Everyone repeat it with me: Her-MY-oh-nee', because everyone says Her-my-WON, Her-my-OWN."

"Most people are really nice but some stare, like you're some kind of zoo exhibit and not a real person with real feelings."

" I would like Voldemort to be properly killed-- dead-- so that Harry won't have anymore problems. For Ron's dad to get really, really, super-duper rich. For the Malfoys to go broke. And I'd like Hermione to get a really, really good job."

Interesting Facts:

Her nickname on the set is one-take Watson.


Her regular nickname is Em.

Emma fancies Prince William

Chris Columbus on Emma filming the hug scene in the Chamber of Secrets. "I asked Emma to hug Dan, and she said, 'No way,' and that was the day she was the most nervous being
on the set. She was like, 'I am not going to hug him, no I'm not.' And I said, 'You've been petrified, this is one of your best friends, if not your best friend, you have to hug him,' I said, 'but you won't hug Ron, because that's where the tension is.'"

That is not actually Emma Watson in the petrified scenes. It is a wax model of her. Du
ring this break, she went back to school.

Filmography:
-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (2010)

-The Tale of Despereaux (2008)
-Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2008)

-Ballet Shoes (TV) (2007)
-Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix (2007)
-Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
-Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
-Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
-Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)


TV Appearances:
The Tonight Show (2002)
The Caroline Rhea Show (2002)
The Early Show (2002)
The Oprah Winfrey Show (2002)




Contact Information:

Emma Watson
c/o HP Production
Leavesden Studios
P.O. Box 3000
Leavesden, Herfordshire
WD2 7LT
United Kingdom

or

Emma Watson (II)
Hermione Granger
c/o Harry Potter Productions
Leavesden Studios
PO Box 3000
Leavesden, Herfordshire, WD2 7LT
United Kingdom

No comments:

Find Another Celebrity ?