Sunday, August 26, 2007

Jennifer Lopez Biography


  • Birth Name

    Jennifer Lopez

  • Birth Date

    07/24/1969

  • Birthplace

    Bronx, New York

  • Family

  • Husband: Marc Anthony

  • dated briefly in 1999; began dating again in early 2004, soon after the her breakup with Ben Affleck; rumored to be engaged May 2004; married at her home in Los Angeles on June 5, 2004 in a private ceremony

    Father: David Lopez
    runs computer operations for an insurance company; born in Puerto Rico; separated from Lopez's mother

    Mother: Guadalupe Lopez
    separated from Lopez's father

    Sister: Leslie Lopez
    born c. 1968

    Sister: Lynda Lopez
    born on June 14, 1972

  • Hookups

    Companion: Ben Affleck
    reportedly seen kissing during her surprise birthday party July 2002; dating as of August 2002; rumored to be engaged; engagement confirmed in November 2002; wedding date rumored to be September 14, 2003; wedding postponed until a later date, reason was "excessive media attention"; Rumored to have ended relationship with Lopez in September 2003; reportedly reconciled in September 2003; reps for the couple confirmed that the engagement ended January 2004

  • Notes

    "A lot of times, when people, especially women, attain a certain status, when they raise their hand and say, 'I want it,' with no guilt, they get that title, 'Diva' put on them. I only deal with people how they deal with me, and never did I see Jennifer take advantage of her position, or belittle or bully anyone. I think she's handling everything with a lot of grace."---actor Vince Vaughn, Lopez's co-star in "The Cell", quoted in Premiere, August 2000.
    "I always wanted to do a musical. I auditioned for 'Evita'. After all, Evita Peron was an Argentine, a Latina like me. So if Madonna does a good job, I'll be the first to say 'Fucking Madonna rocks.' But if she doesn't, I'll be the first one to say, 'She sucks.'"---Jennifer Lopez in GQ, September 1996.
    "I love my body. I really, really dig my curves. It's all me and men love it. Some guys like skinny girls, but they're missing out. When a dress is on a woman, it shouldn't look like it's on a coat hanger. So many girls here are so thin, in fact nobody else in Hollywood has my type of body. My husband calls it 'La Guitarra', like the shape of a guitar, which I love because that was my ideal woman growing up. So call me the 'Guitar Girl'"---Lopez quoted in Movieline, February 1998.
    "I sat through 'West Side Story' about 37 times because it was the only movie about my people. I never wanted to be that wimpy Maria who sits around pining for her guy. I wanted to be Anita, who danced her way to the top."---Lopez quoted in Chicago Sun-Times, June 22, 1998.
    "I want everything. I want family. I want to do good work. I want love. I want to be comfortable. I think of people like Cher and Bette Midler and Diana Ross and Barbra Streisand. That's always been the kind of career I'd hoped to have. I want it all."---Lopez quoted in Entertainment Weekly, October 9, 1998.
    "I want to be the Latin in American cinema. We need somebody to be a star for the times. If it's me, that's fine; but if it's not, I just hope it's somebody real soon. Doing Latino roles is important, but so is being considered for roles that are non-Latino.

No comments:

Find Another Celebrity ?